- Zilla (District): Sunamganj
- Distance from Sylhet: 25 miles (40km)
- Village size: 1,318 acres (approx. 2.5 sq miles)
- Madrasah include: Syedpur Alia Madrasah
- High school include:
- Current chairman: Abul Hasan (also Syedpur-Shaharpara Union Chairman)
- Surrounding villages: Shaharpara, Patli, Gushgaon, Budoraiel
Map of Syedpur
How to get to Syedpur from Sylhet
Aerial shot of Syedpur village
Location of major landmarks
History of Syedpur
Syed Alauddin (RA) was one of the 360 disciples that came with Hazrat Shah Jalal (RA) in 1303 to aid the Muslims in Sylhet. He had four sons - one of whom was Hazrat Syed Shah Shamsuddin (RA) who came to the then Krishnopur to preach the word of Allah (Subhanawattallah).
Videos of Syedpur
Famous 'Syedpuri' include:
- Ali Ahmed Syed (Born ) .
- Kasa Miah (c. 1920 - 2005) School teacher. Born in Harikhuna area. Married cousin Angura Begum, whose father was Yaqubullah. Four sons (Foyzurnoor, Ali Noor, Kohinoor, and Shofu) and 3 daughters (Shawla, Shopon, and Shefali). Lived most of his life in Stepney Green area of London, UK.
- (Pir Saheb) Monfor Uddin (Born ) .
- Syed Azhar Mahfuz (c. 1950 - 2 Jul 2017) Prominent businessman.
- Kasa Miah's 8 sons (Various) Reputable GP from Ishankhuna. His 8 sons have forged successful careers both in Bangladesh and UK.
- Shiraj (Sir) (Born ) .
- Shamim (Born ) .
- Mollik Sohal (Born ) Lawyer at Judge's Court, Sunamganj.
- Fozlu Miah (Born ) Businessman. Born in Poschimpara area. Reside in Baghbari area of Sylhet town.
- Ali Hussain (Born ) .
- Syed Ahmed Mahfuz (Born ) .
- Mashuk Ibn Anish (Born ) .
- Syed Idon Ali ( 1 Apr 2015) .
Hasani? I never knew that!
Syedpur was called Krishnopur 200 years ago! It has 3 'khunas': Hari Khuna, Ishan Khuna and Agun Khuna.
Important info, tips, hints, miscell...
- Nearest Post Office is located at:
- 'Bazar days' are Tuesday & Thursday (Syedpur Bazar) and Sunday (Bober Bazar). Most shops open at 11am and close in the evening.
- You can go to Sylhet via either bazars.
- Gym are available in the bazars.
May Allah bless Syedpur and our people. Ameen.